Twitty's

Charles Twitty left £1,700 in 1709, an endowment to be managed by the vicar and churchwardens of St Helen's to maintain in meat, drink, apparel and all other necessities of life, three poor aged men and women. Born in Abingdon, Twitty became deputy auditor of the exchequer and governor and benefactor of St Margaret's Hospital, Westminster. Twitty's Almshouse transferred to Christ's Hospital management in 1965.